Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Singnet Grumble Grumble.

Recently, Singnet launched its 5mbit plan.

At the same price as my existing 3.5mbit plan.

<_<

And I still got one more year on my contract.

A different ISP, Starhub, gives free upgrades. Hence, if I had stuck to my 6.5mbit plan, it would be 12mbit now.

So here I am, 1/4 of the speeds of what I should have obtained. And maybe even a Xbox360 as well.

Singnet sure doesn't like keeping customers. Just by looking at Hardwarezone.com's forums, the flames of Singnet are close to intolerable.

Oh well. Going cheap has its price.

But still, with a 24 month contract bond, I would expect some kind of a quality service, especially after the broken Taiwan cable incident, where Starhub's service resumed a few days later, while Singnet is, again, left in the dust.

Then again, price price price.

Economics. <_<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home